Wednesday 26 August 2015

The very special dress...

Do you think clothes hold memories? 

I don't mean your wedding dress, or those expensive shoes you worked hard for . I mean bog standard clothes, the ones you didn't really think about until something changed. 


This dress is about 6 years old. It's from primark and it's pretty basic but I loved it. It was marked twelve pounds but it scanned as ten! This dress saw shifts at the pub and nights out with the girls. It sat through college classes and walked through the park. It was a pretty standard part of of my wardrobe for a long time. I liked it but it wasn't wow! That was until it all changed and "that" moment happened. 

I was sat on the sofa enjoying a final five minutes before a shift at the pub when lil knitwits kicked for the first time. 

And that's it, that's this dresses story. Lil knitwits first kick! The "oh bloody hell, they were right, there is a baby in there" moment. 

And that's why even now it's old and scraggy I can't get rid. Instead I've given it a new lease of life. 


I cut most of the lace of and now I have a new slip! I've kept a little bit of lace to remind me (not that I'm likely to forget! )

So do you think clothes have memories? 

Much love

Frankie 

2 comments:

  1. . I liked it but it wasn't wow! That was until it all changed and "that" moment happened. tulle prom dresses 2014

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x