Tuesday 3 November 2015

Technique Tuesday : Sewing on Buttons

So here is my second instalment of Technique Tuesday!


Sewing on buttons

Up until about a year ago I didn't know there was a proper way of sewing on buttons, and to be honest I'm still not entirely sure there's a huge difference between the proper way and the slap dash way! But here we go, here is the proper way of doing it.

You will need:
a button
something to sew your button on to!
thread
a bobby pin or matchstick or another needle

First of all decide where you want your button to go,


Then place your bobby pin across the middle of the button and stitch in a cross shape until button feels secure.


When the button feels secure, remove your bobby pin and wind some thread around the underneath of the button to create a shank.


Now quite simply tie off the thread and your finished! A button done the proper way! Nice and secure!



So here is the burning question do people actually sew buttons on like this or do they do them in the over and over fashion? I don't remember being taught how to do it like at school although I don't think I was ever actually shown how to sew a button at all at school to be honest.

Much Love

Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x