Tuesday 15 December 2015

Rope Bowl

I've seen so many beautiful bowls made from fabric covered rope and string online that I just had to try and make my own.


I used scraps from my fabric box and sewed it together by hand I didn't stitch the fabric to the pieces of string I just wrapped them around very tightly. 


The string I used was like the nylon stuff that's in pe bags, I'm not sure why I had so much of it but this seemed like as good as use as any.


The inside is really pretty and I especially like the spiral it makes but the back is a HOT MESS! 


I used one of my favourite soup bowls to mould it around so its pretty small, In fact I'd go as far to say its a pretty useless bowl.


Until I realised I didn't have anywhere to store my button pattern weights! Then I realised its pretty darn perfect!  


Much Love 

Frankie

xxx



4 comments:

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x