Thursday 17 December 2015

Salt Dough Bowl

I made a double batch of salt dough when I made my pattern weight buttons with the intention of making a bowl, what can I say I had like 5 'Great British pottery throw down' episodes on Tivo and was feeling inspired! It was sort of like when I watched all the episodes of 'The Good Life' and Mr Knitwit caught me trying to buy some chickens on on-line and looking a coops.

Anyway they made the most beautiful bowls and jugs and well all sorts!


Mine on the other hand is actually kind of hideous!


I wanted something very fluid and organic looking but it just looks like Lil Knitwit made it by himself!


I put a candle in it because that was what I intended to use it as.


I mean I'm pleased I tried something new and it was fun drilling the small holes after I had put the bowl in the oven [apart from the salty dust it created] but I dunno I just don't think pottery is my forte.


I dunno maybe I just need proper lessons or a pottery wheel? YES! A pottery wheel would definitely help!!!


And now I need to decided what to do with it? Maybe the bin? Maybe I could put plants in it?

I dunno!

Much Love

Frankie

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x