Thursday 9 June 2016

Learning how to do a rolled hem.

I have a fear of some sewing techniques, welt pockets, bound buttonholes, rolled hems......

All of these thing put a chill through me worse than seeing two programs on the sky recorder clashing.

Anyway seen as this year I told myself I was going to seriously up my sewing game I thought it might be time to tackle rolled hems.

So I pulled on my big girl pants, clipped on my rolled hem foot and cracked on


I'm not sure how clear this is because being an utter moron I decided to photograph black on top of black.


But it was absolutely atrocious. I mean horrendous. there were places that looked like the crimped edge of a Cornish pasty.


So I cut it off and started again.


And I kept doing that till I was happy. And in the end I got myself a nice little scarf with a not quite perfect, but sure as hell better than my first attempt rolled hem.


The fabric I used by the way was a perfect scarf sized scrap from my I shot bambi shirt


I'm pretty pleased with it anyhow, although I do now have a burning desire to tell people that I can "sort of" do rolled hems. And I'm even looking forward to having another go , especially since I've recently read that its easier if you do a line of stitching first.

Much Love

Frankie

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x