Tuesday 26 July 2016

David Bowie Painting

I haven't painted for ages, and I mean a really long time. I used to paint everyday, every single day.

I painted when I was happy, sad, tired, under pressure and drunk.

I never really needed a reason to paint I just always did.

And then I just didn't sort of do it for a while, I'm not incredibly sure why. But I do have a theory that its because I was trying to sell what I painted and I was trying to get commissions and to be honest I just wasn't very good at it.

I like painting what I want to paint!

Which is why one evening when I actually didnlt feel like sewing [I know its really rare!] I got out my brushes and found the paints and canvas my mum and dad had brought for me and got cracking.


I sat myself on the carpet, stuck on desperate housewives season 5 [Mike you know you love Susan stop being a moron] and got cracking.

I did actually have a terrifying moment when I wondered if I would be able to remember how to do this,

and then two hours later I had this.


Well this and cramp in my foot!!

I'm not sure why I chose David Bowie, He has a interesting face so that factored in but I really love his music as well!


I'm pleased with how it turned out and it was actually pretty nice to take a break from sewing for an evening!

I dunno what I'm going to do with it now though, I never put the things I paint up on my walls so I'll probably try and sell it!

Much Love

Frankie 

xxx


4 comments:

  1. Good job Frankie. I love his eyes. Did you copy a photo or painting or did you paint him from memory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing painting, you are one talented creative lady X

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x