Whether its sewn to a bodice or just as a skirt on its own, you can't deny the awesomeness that is circle skirts!
The draping! The swishyness!!!!
But they can be a bit tricky to sew! so here's my top tips!
1. Choose your fabric - make sure its a medium or lightweight fabric as heavy fabrics don't drape well!
2. Be gentle - don't drag your fabric around like a caveman! Because you'll stretch it out!!!
3. Stay stitch your waist seam. because your waist will be cut both on the bias and on the straight grain it will stretch. So stay stitch unless you want it stretched out so you can gather it!
4. Let it hang! Once its all sewn up place it on a dress form or coat hanger BEFORE you hem it! Circle skirts tend to stretch and end up with uneven hems so let it rest! I tend to go for about 48 hours if I have time! Then after its rested even it up!
5. Pick your even carefully, because its a circle they can be pretty tricky to hem but here are some easier options! Narrow hem! Using bias binding to hem [I love this method because its so quick] and hem by hand I tend to do this for fancy makes and do a 1cm hem and dainty stitches!!!
So do you have any tips for sewing circle skirts?