Monday 5 December 2016

Easy Diagonal Baby Blanket


I loves a easy baby blanket and this one is an absolute breeze to knit. You can ritz it up by using posh stitches are you can keep it simple like I have and use garter stitch!

You can be fancy and buy some lush chunky wool or you can be thrifty like I have and use odds and sods from your knitting basket doubled up!

And in all seriousness if you find yourself in a tight spot you can bust one of these out with like a day of solid knitting!!!! 


Anyway here's a brief tutorial on how to make this blanket.

Garter Stitch Diagonal Baby Blanket

*Use 6mm needles
*Use chunky wool or two strands of regular wool

*Cast on 3 stitches
*Work each row in garter stitch increasing 1 stitch at the end of each row
*Continue knitting in this manner until one of the shorter edges of the blanket is the width you would like your blanket to be
*Now decrease 1 stitch at the end of every row until only three remain.
*Cast off
*optional* crochet a border



In other news! Boy was it freezing this morning! I honestly felt like my toes might drop off! 
I am however wearing a pretty snazzy new make in the hopes of photographing it later so that cheered me up!
And I posted a new video this week of what I'm planning on making in December! 

Obviously though I've not included Christmas presents because that would ruin the surprise!!!!



Much Love

Frankie

xxx


2 comments:

  1. Super blanket, I've just crocheted my first blanket (due to having an op) and I love it, haven't attempted knitting though, maybe one day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crochet blankets, we were given a beautiful sea shell pattern one when our son wad born and I still have it! X

      Delete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x