Friday 29 December 2017

Post Christmas Catch Up

The festive season is nearly over and I had a blast. I didn't do any sewing but I did get some sewing and knitting gifts that I'll do another post on as soon as I've properly recovered from seeing in the new year!

Christmas day was pretty relaxed for us, we started at home just the three of us opening presents then we went onto Rikkis mums where we ate a banging roast [thanks Sue!] and played games until the wee hours! We stayed over and boxing day was much the same, more roast dinner and more games [If I'm completely honest I'm not a huge fan of roasts so if I don't see one for another month or so I'll be very happy]

Then we spent the 27th at home desperately trying to make our house look like a house again.

Then on the 28th me and Lil man went to my mums for a family day with my side of the family. Although it was a bit touch and go as the whether or not we'd be able to make it because of the SNOW! Yep I woke up in the morning to find snow on the ground and the local bus stuck outside our house. Luckily most of the roads were clear but we did have a couple of dicey moments trying to get off our estate!

We had a lovely time at my mums and came back to find Rikki taking the show off the wall and getting ready to put a new one in! [ Only our shower could break over Christmas! Luckily its fixed now thanks to Rikki and his Dad! Thank gad his Dad was able to come over and give him a hand because anytime me and Rikki do DIY together we risk getting divorced!!]

Which leaves me with the last few days of 2017! Where on earth did it go? Despite the current "world" situation I've actually had a great year. I've been given some fantastic opportunities by sewing brands and I got to take part in my first every sewing demonstration and I'm pleased to say I'll be doing a few more in 2018 as well!

Goals wise I feel like a did okay but here are my goals for 2018!

- Be more organised, recently I started a bullet journal and i feel like its helping me a lot and for xmas my big sister and her husband got me a proper gridded journal to use so I'm sure 2018 will be the year of an organised Frankie

- Knit a item of clothing, every year I try and knit a jumper or cardigan.

- Embrace my body, recently I had the harsh realisation that Ive been critical of my body since I was about 11. Which means I've clocked up 14 years of self shaming. This year however I've decided to fully embrace my shape, lumps and bumps. After all chances are this is as good as its ever going to get!!!

- Keep writing about sewing! It always surprises me how much I miss doing my blog when I'm busy! So the plan is to keep writing about sewing and whatever else pops into my head.

- Drink more water , this is pretty dull but I never seem to drink enough water. Hopefully 2018 will be the year I finally crack how to get the recommended amount of water into my system [PS when everyone else drinks a lot do they feel like they are peeing every 20mins?]

- Only make clothes I know I'll wear and love, My wardrobe is stuffed to the gills and I'm proud to say at least 80% is handmade. But that said I feel like I'm not getting as much use out of every piece like a could do!

And I think that's it?

I hope you all had a wonderful xmas and that Santa brought you everything you wanted!

And I wish you a very happy 2018!

I'll see you in new year for more sewing, knitting and creating!

And for my regular readers thank you for taking the time to read my blog , it means a lot!

Much Love

Frankie


xxx



1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone reading this article I just want to pass information to you that is reading this article, if you are facing difficulty in your relationship, here is what you will do that will restore peace to your home because I tried it and it work for me that is why I'm passing the information in case anyone have similar problem like break up, fallout with her husband, whatever it maybe just contact Dr ekpen temple and it will fix the problem for and you will be happy again in your relationship. Contact him now via: (ekpentemple@gmail.com) or on whatsapp +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x